The vehicle slows down a little when we come across the nicely built houses. Sometimes simply the exterior walls leave an impression on the passerby. It’s our natural tendency to have our own beautiful home. Sometimes, though we build a beautiful house, we fail to keep its charm for long. So it is important to list out the points that roots unattractiveness in your home and figure out ways to tackles those problems.
Here are a few points to be noted while you are constructing a new home or purchasing a flat for yourselves.
- Firstly, identify the causes that make our home unsightly, nobody loves to have wet patches on the walls. The lack of aesthetics on the walls and moulds may also lead to dampness.
- Seepage, badly built walls, inadequate waterproofing cracks and moulds can shatter the inner beauty of the home.
- Joints and cracks in the walls should be checked thoroughly as these invite water to seep through and cause dampness.
- A leaky roof can damage the ceiling and also affect the ceiling plaster and paint.
- Continuous water leakage from the roof can cause peeling of paint, dampness on the walls and cracking of plaster.
- Masonry should be used to fill the gaps between the frames. If not done properly, water can seep into the gaps and cause damage to external walls.
- Water can easily damage the electrical appliances and can cause permanent damage in structural integrity of a house or a building.
Few days back, a friend told me about an event taking place in the city where the experts would be showcasing solutions for problems like water seepage, leakage, etc in homes. As I have been facing these problems for quite some time now and was eagerly looking for some sort of solution for this, I decided to attend this event. The very next day I headed to the Bangalore International Exhibition centre where Asia’s largest architecture building materials and design exhibition was taking place. I visited many stalls and came to know so much about construction. For all the information I obtained and the solutions I was presented with for the water leakage problems in my home, I found this event to be a great one.
Breaking the tension, let me tell you how this happened. Going across the many stalls at the exhibition, I stumbled across a stall of the waterproofing expert that is. Dr. Fixit.
There the experts showcased how important it is to use right products right from the construction stage. They explained everything from the minutes to the core by briefing and through live sessions by the experts. I realised how I had been using products and solutions that could never provide permanent solution as they don’t tackle the problem at its root. Some solutions only act as a cover hiding the problem for a while and not a solution, and so I needed to use better and correct solution to tackle particular problem.
Also, I learned about very important things that can grant a gorgeous house from outside as well as beautiful leak-free home from inside. These few points we all must look after to fulfil our dreams of keeping our homes beautiful for years to come.
- Identify the water stains, black spot or mould in the roofs, usually the leaky roof will be above it.
- Make sure that the roof is always dry and no water should cling on for a long duration of time.
- The roof should have proper slope for the water passage during the rainy season, so there will be no water stock on the roof.
- Don’t keep any wet clothes, carpets etc on the mould as it strengthens and multiplies the dampness.
- Make sure the roof is water proofed with Dr. Fixit products, as it is the most effective waterproofing solution.
- It takes a lot of time to identify minute cracks and joints and repair it so better use the right kind of waterproofing solutions so as you never face any such problems.
- If there is an already existing problem, fret not. There are solutions available from Dr. Fixit which are very easy to use, economical and can repair your home. Make sure to consult an expert so as you only use the right product to tackle the problem.
- Ensure to have proper ventilation in the home by keeping the windows open and try to keep wet clothes away from the walls. Keep the walls as dry as you can.
- Waterproofing with Fixit products serves a dual purpose. It not just takes care of Waterproofing but also acts as a crack bridging agent making it a perfect long term investment to create your leak-free home.
By the end of the day,I was so happy to find solutions to most of my home problems. Also, Dr. Fixit has come up with a Dr. Fixit App that can instantly help the customers with the Tech-Chat option helping us build our beautiful home.
For any sort of issues, guidance, tips and for a healthy home visit http://www.drfixit.co.in/